The External Content feature allow you to display content from other websites on your own site. Simply create a new Web page using the External Contentlayout and type the Web address (URL) for the external site. The external content appears within a frame on your site.
- From the main menu click Edit Site, or choose Edit My Site from the Quick Tools section of the main page. The Website Manager window opens.
- Click Manage My Pages. The Page Manager window opens.
- Click the Add Main Page button. The Page Manager – New Page window opens.
- From the Special Pages section click External Content. The Page Editor – External Content window opens.
There are several sections to the External Content form:
Page Options – this section allows you to specify your page’s name, title, description, and keywords to ensure search engine optimization. Click the Page Options button to expand the section.
Tip: To collapse on an open section, click on the same button you used to expand it.
- Web Boxes – this section allows you to select the web boxes you would like on the page.
Lead Form – this section allows you to select a lead form that displays before the external content page.
Note: If you are using the mobile-friendly templates, this functionality is unavailable.
External Link – type in the Internet address for the external site. Click the Check URL button to ensure the address you typed in is valid. The website will open in a separate window.
- Click the Preview button to see the page on your website. Your website opens in a separate window on the external content page.
- Close your website.
- Click OK.
Note: External content is placed within a frame within the Web page. However, some websites will not allow their content to be displayed inside frames. Instead, these sites will reroute your visitors to their own site. To test an external site, click the Preview button. A separate window will launch displaying your Web page as it will be seen by your visitors.