Your website comes pre-loaded with default web pages and content. As you customize your site, you will want to create additional pages. Below is an overview of the steps to create a new page, and a description of the page creation options.
Adding a New Page
From the main menu click Edit Site, then click Manage My Pages.
Decide if you will be adding a Main Page or a Subpage. Main Pages appear as a link in the main menu of your site. A Subpage will appear in the submenu that becomes available after clicking on the Main Page link.
- To add a Main Page, click Add Main Page and select the type of page you would like to add.
- To add a Subpage, click on the Main Page to which it should belong, click Add Subpage then select the type of page you would like to add.
Page Creation Options
The Edit Page screen allows you to specifiy the settings you’d like to apply to this page, as well as create or select the content that will appear. The first two sections, Page Settings and Web Boxes, appear when creating most page types. The options available in the third section will vary depending on which type of page you are creating. These options also appear when editing an existing page.
This section allows you to specify your page’s name, title, description, and keywords to ensure search engine optimization.
- Page Name – Enter a name for this page. This is also the name of the link that your customers will click on to view this page. If you are creating a main page, this link appears on the main navigation area. If you are creating a subpage, this link appears immediately below the main navigation area.
- SEO Title – The text that you enter in the SEO Title field appears in the title bar of the browser when your visitor views your site. The website title is used by search engines to “file” your site in their index, and can affect search ranking.
- SEO Description – Use the SEO Description field to describe the content of your website or web page. This text could appear below your link in a search engine’s search results. Your site description should be no more than three sentences. Generally, only the first 250 characters of this tag are read by the search engines.
SEO Keywords – Keywords play a role in your website positioning on search engines. You can use individual words or phrases.
Note: For more information about optimizing your page titles, descriptions, and keywords, please visit the Search Engine Optimization section.
This section shows you the web boxes currently included on the page, and allows you to add additional web boxes from a list of web boxes you’ve previously created. Web boxes will appear in the left column of the page.
To add a web box to the page, click on Add Web Box, select the web box you would like to add and click Submit. You may add up to 3 web boxes for each page.
Tip: When adding multiple web boxes, each will appear below the previous web box in the order specified. To change the order they appear, click the up or down arrow next to the web box.
Click the Delete link if you wish to remove a web box from the page.
Options Specific to Page Type
The last section will contain the options specific to creating the type of page you have selected. For example, when creating a General Layout page, you will be provided an editor box with formatting tools to enter your custom content. If you are creating a Listings Page, the area will provide options for selecting the types of listings to display.
At the bottom of the page, the Preview button will open your page in a new window so you can verify the content and settings. When finished, click Save Page to save and publish the page to your site.