Need help with Mass Email? Attend one of our FREE Online Training Webinars and we’ll walk you through it!
The Mass Email feature allows you to send marketing messages via email to individual or multiple contacts at once. Follow the steps below to compose a mass email message.
- From the Email main menu item, click Compose Mass Email.
The Compose Mass Email page opens.
Use the Contacts Look-up tool to the right to drag and drop your selected contact(s) into the To field.
Tip: Click the To button to open the Search for Contact Emails feature.
- Add an email subject and include any attachments.
- Use the word processing tools to add and format the email body text. Use the Dropbox or Google Drive buttons to include links to files stored on those services.
Click the Change Template link to open the Change Template segment below.
- Selecting an email template category populates the Template drop-down list with the category’s templates.
- Select a template and click the Apply Template button.
The email body populates with the email template, but you can make any changes you like.
Tip: You can send a mass email without using a template.
Click the Insert Marketing link to open the Insert Marketing Link segment below to add a link to a published flyer or presentation.
- Selecting a marketing link category populates the Marketing Link drop-down list with the category’s links.
- Select a link and click the Insert Marketing Link button.
The marketing link is added to the email body text.
Click the Insert Merge Code link to open the Insert Merge Code segment below to add a merge code to the email body text.
Insert or Delete Text Merge Codes
To pull in text information, select the Text Merge Codes option button and the appropriate category. Choose a merge code from the Merge Code drop-down list and click the Insert Merge Code button to add the code to your email and close the Insert Merge Code segment, or click the Insert & Add Another Merge Code button to add the code into the email and keep the Insert Merge Code segment open. You should now see the added merge code on your email body text.
To delete a merge code, click on the merge code to highlight it and click the Delete button on your keyboard.
Insert or Delete Picture Merge Codes
To pull in a photo, choose the Picture Merge Codes option button and the appropriate category. Select a merge code from the drop-down list and click the Insert Merge Code button. The photo merge code is inserted into the email body text.
To delete a picture merge, code click on the code to highlight it and click the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Insert or Delete Text Merge Codes
By default, your signature (if you’ve created one) and unsubscribe text is added to the email later when it’s sent. Uncheck the check box to remove your signature from the email.
Note: An unsubscribe message is required and is added by default when using the Mass Email feature.
- Once you’ve finished creating your email, click the View Emails button to open a preview of each email generated for each specified recipient with merged data from each record. Use the Prev and Next links on the Mass Open toolbar to scroll through the emails. Click the Cancel button or the X button on the Mass Open toolbar to return to the Mass Email page.
- Click the Send Email button to send the email to the selected contacts.