Wrapping Up and Qualifying a Lead
Immediately after you follow up with a lead (i.e. a contact with a status of New or Engage) by placing a call or sending an email, text message or Market Snapshot, you will be asked if contact was successful and whether you qualified the lead and want to schedule a follow-up activity.
- Contact with the lead was successful. If you qualified the lead, select the status that reflects where the lead is in the lead lifecycle (see #4).
- Contact with the lead was unsuccessful. The status will automatically be set to Engage so you will know that you've attempted contact, but haven't yet qualified the lead.
- Delete the lead if you do not see a need to contact them in the future.
- If you qualified the lead, select the status that reflects where the lead is in the lead lifecycle. Set the status to Future for a long-term opportunity, or Active for a short-term opportunity. Schedule a follow-up activity (see #6) to ensure regular contact.
- Record any details that will assist you in the next conversation.
- Schedule another activity to ensure you don't lose touch with the lead.
Tip: For more information on using statuses to track the progress of your sales opportunities, see Tracking the Lead Lifecycle Using Statuses.