The Senior Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of the Top Producer software suite, including (but not limited to) Top Producer CRM, Market Snapshot, Top Producer Websites, and FiveStreet. This individual is responsible for leading and motivating a team of remote workers (onshore and offshore); identifying and implementing technical solutions that meet the requirements of the Product roadmap; and ensuring products meet our goals of user satisfaction, retention and revenue.
- Foster and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement. Build relationships across the Top Producer team, and drive activities to increase team member engagement and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the senior technical leads to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity, system stability, and health of the Top Producer products.
- Experienced with architectural, best practices, and design patterns.
- Drive end-to-end quality with effective automation of unit level, component level and system level testing. Work closely with QA engineers to ensure high quality of product delivered.
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly.
- Motivate the team and rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives.
- Eliminate obstacles in the way of the engineering teams through effective planning and open communication with all project stakeholders.
- Manage long-term resource planning, performance reviews and compensation input, and professional development.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in leading software engineering teams in the architecture, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of systems at scale.
- Experience managing a remote workforce and/or offshore engineering teams.
- In-depth knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, performance/quality testing, and devops.
- Experience in SaaS application development and management.
- Excellent influence and cross-collaboration skills.
- A strong results and outcome-drive focus.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations.
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment.
- Experience with lift and shift cloud migrations.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Confluence, Jira, Service Desk), Github, and Agile practices.
- You are passionate about creating world-class experiences with customer focus.
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment.
- You take pride in delivering clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality.
- You hold a point of view and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, but are humble enough to recognize when you are mistaken.