Production Operations leads all support aspects of an enterprise 24x7x365 production environment – applications, systems, and network infrastructure. This position provides leadership within the team demonstrating business and technical knowledge, mentoring, and training for all aspects of the production environment, systems, and security. Rapid growth within the company requires flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to demonstrate the level of commitment and vision to grow infrastructure. This position should have a focused view with continuous improvement focused on availability, security, and application performance.
- Provide direction, oversight, and leadership to Production Operations team consisting of systems engineers, database administrators, and DevOps.
- Manage all aspects of change management process for Production Environment
- Provide oversight for security program, supporting production environment including (patching, vulnerability assessment, remediation, and auditing)
- Lead by example. Be ready to work on tickets, log into a SQL Server, Linux, IIS Servers, etc.
- Utilize creative training, coaching techniques, and incentives that empower and motivate your team
- Create processes: work schedules, run books, calendars, notification procedures, decision trees, etc.
- Track key metrics pertinent to security, performance, and availability
- Utilize metrics to measure performance, award successes, and encourage improvement
- Assign staff to implement work plans and determine staff work assignments
- Assist management in business-case forecasting and cost planning.
- Managing off-hours staffing of production support staff to address off-hours issues
- Manage production incident tickets to ensure proper completion and documentation
- Communicate with the business related to production incidents
- Provide technical support to address production incidents
- Strong experience managing infrastructure for enterprise web applications
- 5+ years managing cross-discipline resources
- 8+ years working with Microsoft Windows in a data center environment
- 3+ years working with cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- 3+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Network management experience, a plus
- Linux/Unix experience, a plus
- This position will require off-hours support