The example used is a YouTube Video widget, which displays a YouTube video on a web page, but the same process applies to widgets from any source. The first step is to locate the code needed to insert the widget into the Website page or Web Box. For instructions on how to locate the necessary code, please refer to the code provider’s instructions or help guides.
Copy the code of the widget by selecting it and pressing CTRL+C (PC) or Command+C(Mac).
- Log in to the Top Producer Website Control Panel or Featured Website Control Panel. If you have multiple websites hosted in the account, click the picture of the desired website to edit.
- In the main menu, click Edit Site.
- From the Website Manager, click Manage My Pages to add a widget to a page, or click Manage My Web Boxes if you want to add a widget to a Web Box.
- If adding the widget to a web page, locate the page you want to add the widget to and click Edit on that page line.
- If adding the widget to a web box, click Create a Web Box and select Custom Message.
In the Content section, place the cursor where the code should be added, make room as necessary, and type in 123456789. This will be erased later – it simply makes it much easier to perform the following steps.
- Click the HTML (<>) icon in the bottom left corner of the Content Editor window. If prompted to confirm switching to HTML mode, click OK to continue.
In HTML view, locate the text previously entered (123456789).
- Delete the 123456789 and then paste the widget code in its place, using CTRL+V (PC) or Command+V (Mac).
- Switch back to the Design view by clicking on the Pencil Icon in the bottom left corner. Note that some widgets will not show inside the editor, and will only be visible after the page is saved and viewed on the live website.
- Click Save Page or Save Web Box to save the page/web box. If this as a web box, select the pages to add it by clicking Manage Page next to the web box in the Web Box Manager. Note that some widgets are too wide to fit into a web box, and may need to be added directly to a page rather than in a web box. View the box on a page on the website to confirm that the widget fits correctly.
Make sure to view the website to ensure the new widget shows correctly on the page it was added it to.
Sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
How can we improve this post? Please include your name and contact details if you would like us to reach out to you.