Immediately after you follow up with a lead (i.e. a contact with a status of New or Engage) by placing a call or sending an email, text message or Market Snapshot, you will be asked if contact was successful and whether you qualified the lead and want to schedule a follow-up activity.
- Contact with the lead was successful. If you qualified the lead, select the status that reflects where the lead is in the lead lifecycle (see #4).
- Contact with the lead was unsuccessful. The status will automatically be set to Engage so you will know that you’ve attempted contact, but haven’t yet qualified the lead.
- Delete the lead if you do not see a need to contact them in the future.
If you qualified the lead, select the status that reflects where the lead is in the lead lifecycle. Set the status to Future for a long-term opportunity, or Active for a short-term opportunity. Schedule a follow-up activity (see #6) to ensure regular contact.
Tip: For more information on using statuses to track the progress of your sales opportunities, see Tracking the Lead Lifecycle Using Statuses.
- Record any details that will assist you in the next conversation.
- Schedule another activity to ensure you don’t lose touch with the lead.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!