Once you’ve created your website it’s important to market it and let people know that it’s out there. There are a variety of ways of doing this, including adding your website URL on all marketing materials you send out, your real estate signs, as well as marketing and promoting your site on the internet.
There are several popular websites that can help you in promoting your services, marketing your listings, and driving more traffic to your website.
- One of the best ways to promote your property listings is craigslist.org. Craigslist is an excellent way to market your property for free. Anyone can use it. Craigslist real estate pages will get ranked by Google with real estate search terms and millions of people read the site on a daily basis. Not only will you get leads directly from craigslist but you can also generate traffic to your website through craigslist. There is also a classified resource website that is similar to craigslist that you may want to check out: backpage.com.
- Add your website to as many directories as you can, including:
- Google’s YouTube.com is an excellent way of advertising a property as well. If you have a digital camcorder and know how to upload your movies to the internet then you will find this to be an effective way to not only promote your property but also helpful in directing traffic to your website.
- Other websites that you may want to look into are social websites such as myspace.com or facebook.com.
- Some other methods to help increase your visibility on the internet are:
- Have friends, associates and family link to your website from their website
- Include your web address on flyers
- Add your web address to local directories
- Include your web address on your email signature
- Place ads in newspapers that include your web address
- Include your web address on business cards
- Add your web address to your lawn signs
- Include your web address on forum signatures
- Link to your web site from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Another way to increase traffic to your website is through the use of banner ads. These are the ads that you see displayed after doing a search that is targeted at the type of search your are doing. For example if you do a search on “real estate,”” all the ads displayed will be real estate related. There are a variety of companies that offer this type of service at varying rates. Listed below are three of the major banner ad distributors.