Note: Office 365 users may also be interested in our Calendar Feed for Office 365.
Top Producer Outlook Sync allows you to sync your appointment details between Top Producer and the Outlook Calendar. Once you have completed the initial setup, new appointments you create and changes you make to existing appointments will automatically be synced—no additional setup is required. In addition, appointments deleted in Top Producer will also be removed from Outlook, and vice versa.
Note: Only your appointments will be synced. Other types of activities you create in Top Producer (for example, to-dos) will not be synced.
Syncs occur automatically at scheduled times. The following appointment details will be synced between Top Producer and Outlook:
- Appointment title
- Start/End Time (including All Day settings)
- Linked Contacts: If you use the Linked TP Contacts option when adding contacts to an Outlook appointment (see below), these contacts will be synced to Top Producer. For more information, see the Outlook Sync FAQ.
- Reminders: See the Reminders section below for details on the different types of reminders you can receive.
Note: If you make changes to the same appointment in both applications between syncs, the changes made in Top Producer will be used and the Outlook changes will be disregarded. For more information, see the Outlook Sync FAQ.
Adding Contacts to an Outlook Appointment
When creating appointments in Outlook, you can add new contacts and search for your Top Producer and Outlook contacts.
Note: Any new contacts you add will be synced to Top Producer. However, you must manually add these contacts to the sync list before their contact details will be synced.
To search for and add contacts:
- From the Outlook appointment window, click Linked TP Contacts.
- Click the appropriate tab based on what you want to do. For example, if you want to search for an Outlook contact, click Search for Outlook contact.
- Searching for a contact, enter your search criteria and then click Search. Select the contact(s) and then click Add.
- Adding a new contact, enter the contact’s information and then click Add.
The selected contacts are added to the appointment.
Once Top Producer Outlook Sync is set up, depending on the options you choose when entering appointments, there are various types of reminders you can receive:
- Email reminders: When you enter your appointments in Top Producer, you can set up email reminders for your appointments. Email reminders set in Top Producer will be sent to the email address you have specified in the My Account area in Top Producer.
- Pop-up reminders in Outlook: When entering an appointment in Top Producer or Outlook, setting a reminder will result in a pop-up reminder from within Outlook.
- Mobile alerts on your device: If you currently sync Outlook with your mobile device, you will receive additional functionality, including the ability to receive mobile alerts for your Top Producer/Outlook appointments on your phone or tablet. For more information on the additional benefits, see the Outlook Sync Overview.