You can set up Top Producer Outlook Sync in just a few easy steps. Before proceeding, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Back up your Outlook data.
If you’ve previously used Top Producer Outlook Connector to sync your Outlook data, uninstall it before installing Outlook Sync.View steps
- Windows XP: Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > select Top Producer Outlook Connector > click Remove.
- Windows Vista: From the desktop, double-click Control Panel > in the Programs list, click Uninstall a program > select Top Producer Outlook Connector > click Uninstall.
- Windows 7: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > select Top Producer Outlook Connector > click Uninstall/Change.
Step 1: Enable Outlook Sync
Watch the Video:
In Top Producer CRM, open the Settings area where you can enable Outlook Sync. Note that team members and assistants need to have the responsible agent grant access to Top Producer Outlook Sync before they can set it up.
Note: Syncing Top Producer with Outlook on more than one computer is not supported as data issues may occur.
View Detailed Steps
- Click the Integrations tab.
- Select Outlook (Outlook 2007, 2010 or 2013).
- Enter a security key, or click Generate a Security Key for me to have the system create one for you. This will be used for identification purposes when syncing between Top Producer CRM and Outlook.
Tip: Note the security key, as you will be prompted for it during the installation process.
Step 2: Set Your Contact Sync Options
In the Contact Sync Options section, specify the settings that determine how to sync your contact details.
View Detailed Steps
- Select Yes if you want to sync your Outlook contacts with Top Producer CRM, and vice versa.
- The Always Add to Sync options will automatically sync all new contacts and leads you create in Top Producer to Outlook. Existing Top Producer CRM contacts and leads will be synced once you manually add them to the sync list.
Note: Regardless of the Always Add to Sync options you select, contacts you import will never automatically be set to sync. See the Outlook Sync FAQ for quick steps on how to set imported contacts to sync.
Step 3: Set Your Calendar Sync Options
In the Calendar Sync Options section, select Yes if you want to sync your appointment details between Top Producer and Outlook. Note that only your appointments will be synced. Other types of activities you create in Top Producer CRM (for example, to-dos) will not be synced.
When you are done setting your calendar sync options, click Save Sync Settings & Install Add-In.
Step 4: Download and Install the Outlook Sync Add-in
After setting your sync options in Top Producer CRM, the Install Outlook Add-in screen appears, prompting you to download and install the Outlook Sync Add-in.
Note: Ensure Outlook is closed before installing the add-in.View Detailed Steps
- Click the Install Add-In button (shown above) to install the Outlook Sync add-in.
- During installation, follow the on-screen prompts to install the add-in. Accept to install additional components as necessary. If using Windows 7, click Yes if prompted to allow the installer to make changes to your computer and, if prompted about a compatibility issue, just click Close.
Step 5: Specify Your Sync Settings in Outlook
The next step is to open Outlook and specify your sync settings. The first time you open Outlook after installing the Outlook Sync Add-in, you are prompted to enter your Top Producer CRM credentials and select the contacts you want to sync. (If you don’t see the dialog below, close and reopen Outlook before proceeding.)
Important: If you’ve previously imported contacts from Outlook into Top Producer CRM, to avoid duplicate contact issues, carefully follow the steps in the Some of my Outlook contacts currently exist in Top Producer section below.
For the steps to follow, select the statement below that best describes your situation.My Outlook contacts do not currently exist in Top Producer CRM
- Enter your Top Producer CRM username and Outlook Sync security key.
- In the Folders section, select the Outlook folder that contains the contacts you want to sync. By default, contacts entered in Outlook are added to the Contacts folder.
Note: All of the contacts in the folder you select will automatically be synced with Top Producer CRM.
Proceed to Step 6 below to select the Top Producer CRM contacts you want to sync.
Some of my Outlook contacts currently exist in Top Producer CRM
- Enter your Top Producer username and Outlook Sync security key.
- In the Folders section, select the default empty Top Producer Contacts folder.
Since the Top Producer Contacts folder you just selected is empty, you now need to select which Outlook and Top Producer contacts you want to sync.
To select which Outlook and Top Producer CRM contacts you want to sync:
- In Top Producer CRM, select the contacts you want to sync.
- Initiate a sync in Outlook (by clicking Sync Now in the top right). After the sync is complete, note that your Top Producer CRM contacts now appear in the Top Producer Contacts folder in Outlook.
- If you want to sync some of your Outlook contacts, move these contacts from other Outlook folders into the Top Producer Contacts folder.
- Initiate a sync in Outlook (by clicking Sync Now in the top right). After the sync is complete, note that your Outlook contacts now appear in Top Producer.
The setup is complete! Since you just selected the Top Producer CRM contacts you want to sync, there is no need to proceed to Step 6.
Step 6: Select Contacts for Sync in Top Producer CRM
After you’ve specified your sync settings in Outlook, open Top Producer to select the contacts you want to sync. For more information, see Adding Contacts to the Sync List.
Sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
How can we improve this post? Please include your name and contact details if you would like us to reach out to you.