Once you’ve created a personal category and saved your personal flyer template, you can open it to make format and content changes.
- Click the Marketing main menu icon to open the Marketing landing page.
- Click the Flyer Library link to open the Flyer Library page.
- From the Flyer Library page select your personal category from the Show Category drop-down list. The personal template has a icon under the column to indicate it’s a personal copy.
- Hover over the copied template and click the Edit Flyer link to open the personal template in Edit Mode. If you’d like to preview the template with sample information, click the Preview button.
Edit Mode Tools
From edit mode you can change the content and layout of the personal template using standard word processing techniques. Below are some of the available tools:
- Delete text: Select the text (becomes highlighted) and press the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Add text: Put your cursor in the spot you want to add text and starting typing.
Note: Text can only be added or removed from flyer templates within text boxes, which are represented by a blue dotted outlined box. To insert a new text box, click the Insert text box icon from the toolbar. Reposition the text box by hovering your mouse cursor over it until you see a four-headed arrow, or resize when you see a double-headed arrow. To delete a text box, click on one to show a small green square border, then click the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Format text toolbar: Use the toolbar shown below to change the font and font size, make text bold, italicized, or underlined, change text alignment, or add numbered or bulleted lists.
- Insert toolbar: Use the toolbar shown below to insert a text box, image, header and footer, or page numbers.
Click the Page setup icon to change the paper size or set custom margins if you plan on printing on letterhead using your logo. Click the Updatebutton to save your page setup changes.
Tip: An easier way to change the margins is to use the ruler, which appears horizontally and vertically around your template. Adjust the margins by placing your cursor on a ruler until you get a double-headed arrow, then simply click and drag to change the margins.
- Image toolbar: Use the toolbar below to change a picture’s border, or relative positioning of one picture to another.
- Insert Merge Code link: Merge codes already used in the template appear in a yellow box. The name of the merge code identifies what kind of information is pulled from a record when it’s time to run the template.
To add more merge codes, first place your cursor in a text box where you want to add the code. Then click the Insert Merge Code link at the bottom of the editor page to open the insert Merge Codesegment below.
Just like templates, merge codes are grouped into categories to make it easier for you to find the ones you need. Before you can choose a category, you must decide if you want to insert a merge code that pulls in text information (bedrooms, distance to school, etc.) or picture information (directions map, property view, etc.). Selecting a type populates the Category drop-down list.
- Insert or Delete Text Merge Codes
To pull in text information, select the Text Merge Codes option button and the appropriate category. Choose a merge code from the Merge Code drop-down list and click the Insert Merge Code button to add the code to your template and close the Insert Merge Code segment, or click the Insert & Add Another Merge Code button to add the code into the template and keep the Insert Merge Code segment open. You should now see the added merge code on your template.
If you want to delete a merge code, click on the merge code to highlight it and click the Delete button on your keyboard.
Note: If you want to place the text merge code within an existing text box, click into the text box and then add the merge code. If your mouse cursor isn’t in a text box, 8i inserts the text merge code in a new text box.
- Insert or Delete Picture Merge Codes
To pull in a photo, choose the Picture Merge Codes option button and the appropriate category. Select the type of photo you want to add from the Merge Code drop-down list and click the Insert Merge Code button. The photo merge code gets inserted in the center of the page. From here, you can resize and move the picture anywhere on the page.
To resize the picture code, click on it until you see a border of small green squares and move your mouse cursor over one of the green squares until you see a double-headed arrow. Click on the arrow (keeping your mouse key depressed) and move the edges until you get the desired size. To move the picture, hover your mouse cursor over the merge code until you see a four-headed arrow and move the merge code anywhere on the template.
Note: If you want to place the picture merge code within an existing text box, click into the text box and then add the merge code. If your mouse cursor isn’t in a text box, 8i will insert the picture merge code in a new text box on the flyer.
Tip: When you add a new photo to a flyer, a black border is automatically added. To remove the border, click the arrow next to the Frame Styles icon and click the border selection to remove the border.
Delete a picture merge code by clicking on the code to highlight it (you need to see the green border) and click the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Insert or Delete Text Merge Codes
- Append Page link: Click this link to add another blank page at the bottom of the flyer. Use the editor tools to add and edit text, merge codes, images, etc. To delete the added page, click the Delete Appended Page link.
Saving your Changes
When you’re satisfied with the changes you’ve made to the template, click the Save Template button to return to the preview page. Close the template preview to return to the Flyer Library page.