We know it’s tough to stay in touch with all of your contacts, so until you can personally reach out, send the Housing Trends eNewsletter (provided by realtor.com®). The Housing Trends Newsletter will help you stay top of mind with your clients while providing useful market information on a monthly basis. It’s free, you can personalize it, and best of all, you can send it to your Top Producer CRM contacts. (To see a newsletter sample, go to http://demo.housingtrendsenewsletter.com/default.cfm.)
Once you’ve signed up, you can send the newsletter to a single contact, or set up a plan to send it to multiple contacts.
Signing Up for a Housing Trends Newsletter
If you already have a Housing Trends account, you can skip this step.
- Go to www.hten.com
- Click Agent Sign Up.
- Enter your information in the signup form. In the Personalized URL field, choose something that brands the URL as yours, like your name or company name (if available). This will become the URL consumers will use to access the newsletter. Make a note of the URL for use later.
- After completing the sign up, follow the steps provided on screen. The choices made during this process will determine the branding and content that appears within the newsletter itself.
Sending the Newsletter to a Contact
Once you’ve signed up and have the URL for your newsletter, just open the contact’s record > click Perform Action > Subscribe to Housing Trends > enter your User ID (this is the same as the Personalized URL you specified in step 3 above).
Tip: If you forget your login ID, just go to http://clients.housingtrendsenewsletter.com/ > click Forgot Login ID > follow the on-screen prompts to recover it.
Setting Up an Action Plan to Send the Newsletter to Multiple Contacts
You can send the newsletter to multiple contacts using the Top Producer Monthly Newsletter action plan. Before using this plan though, you’ll need to update the email template to include a link to your newsletter (you’ll need the Personalized URL you created in step 3 during the sign-up process). This provides the recipient with a direct link to your newsletter.
Step 1: Customize your Branded Email Template
- Log in to Top Producer CRM on your desktop.
- Hover over the Marketing menu and click Template Library.
- In the Marketing Template Library, click Email Library.
- Click the Show Category selection list at the top right and choose Personal.
- Click the Housing Trends Newsletter – Personalized email template.
- In the template editor, highlight the text Housing Trends newsletter.
- Click the Insert Hyperlink Icon in the toolbar and click Insert Link.
For some Internet Explorer Users, instead click the Insert Hyperlink Icon .
- In the URL field, delete any existing text and enter the Personalized URL created during the Housing Trends Newsletter signup process (e.g. http://personalizedURL.housingtrendsenewsletter.com), and click Insert. (For some Internet Explorer users, the popup may look different; Add the Personalized URL to the url field and click OK.)
- Click Save & Close to save the template.
Tip: If you forget your Personalized URL, just go to http://clients.housingtrendsenewsletter.com/ > click Forgot Login ID > follow the on-screen prompts to recover it.
2. Apply the Housing Trends Newsletter Action Plan
Once your have signed up for your newsletter and the email template customized, you are ready to apply the plan to your contacts. The Top Producer Monthly Newsletter plan sends 2 years (24 months) of automated email messages to the assigned contact (one per month). At the end of the plan is a To-Do reminder to let you know the plan has ended.
You can apply this plan just like any other Action Plan, just be sure to choose the Top Producer Monthly Newsletter plan. For more information about applying plans, please read Applying or Removing an Action Plan for a Contact.
Optional – Create a Lead Capture Widget and Auto Apply Plan Rule
Optionally, you can choose to create a lead capture widget for your website. When a consumer fills out the form, they will be added to your Top Producer database and automatically receive your Monthly Newsletter.
- Go to quicklead.realtor.com and enter your Top Producer CRM Username, then click Sign In.
- At the bottom of the form page, click Create Widget.
- Fill in the form with your desired settings. In the Widget Source field, select Housing Trends Newsletter.
- Click Generate to create the source code for the widget. This code can be placed on your website or blog. If you are not sure how to do this, please contact your website administrator.
Consumers that fill in the widget form will be automatically added to your Top Producer CRM account as a new lead, with a source of Housing Trends Newsletter. This means you can create an Auto Apply Plan Rule in Top Producer that will automatically apply the Top Producer Monthly Newsletter plan to each new lead you receive from the widget.
For information about how to set this up, please follow the instructions given in the Auto Apply Plan Rules article. When following the steps, be sure to specify the source as Housing Trends Newsletter, and use the Top Producer Monthly Newsletter action plan.