Closing plans are designed to assist you through the process of closing a deal and contain the steps agents use most of the time. Applying a plan to a closing generates a task list with due dates specific to that closing. These dates and reminders appear on the Closings landing page, helping ensure you complete your tasks on time.
There are two ways to link a plan to a closing – to a new closing you’re adding into Top Producer, and to an existing closing.
Applying a Closing Plan to a New Closing
- From the Closing Information segment of the Add Closing form, select an appropriate plan from the Closing Plan drop-down list.
- Once you click the Add Closing button, the plan’s activities are linked to the saved record.
Applying a Closing Plan to an Existing Closing
- Open a closing to view its full details on the Closing Details form.
- Go to the Activities subtab of the Activities tab.
- Click the Select Closing Plans link.
- A small window opens on the Activities tab displaying a list of all closing plans. Place a check mark next to the one you’d like to apply.
- Click the Save button to apply the plan to the closing, and display the plan activities from the Activities tab.
The Action Plan column lets you know from which plan the activity came.
Note: You can also see closing to-do activities by clicking the Listings main menu icon to get to the Closings landing page. Click the To-Dos link.
Removing a Closing Plan from a Closing
Removing closing plans is as easy as applying them.
- From the Activities tab of a saved closing record, click the Activities subtab.
- Click the Select Closing Plans link to open a list of plans.
- Uncheck any plans you no longer want to use and click the Save button.
- The system automatically removes any incomplete activities for the selected closing plan.