If you are not receiving Social Media Updates within the Social Media Activity section of a Contact Record, follow the below troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you have properly configured Social Media Integration. Status updates will not appear until integration has been established.
- Make sure you have configured the Social Media Activity section of this contact to accept status updates from their Social Media profile.
- To receive Facebook updates, the contact’s Facebook profile must be in your Facebook Friends list, and you must be able to view their status updates from within Facebook. To test this, log in to Facebook, locate the Contact’s Facebook Profile, and view their page. If you cannot see their status updates, they will not appear inside Top Producer.
- Check to see if this person has posted any updates to their Social Media site. This can be verified by logging in to your Facebook and/or Twitter account and then viewing this contact’s profile page.
- Make sure you have selected the correct Social Media profile for this contact. When searching for users, there may be several that have the same name (that could be either different people, or multiple accounts created by the same person) and you may have accidentally chosen one that is not active – or in the case of Facebook, not in your Friends List.
- In extremely rare cases, the Social Media site may be experiencing a temporary service outage. If you cannot access your own Social Media account and instead receive an outage (maintenance) message, Top Producer will not be able to access the status updates.
- In the case of Facebook updates, if you have disabled (blocked) the Top Producer Application, this will block Top Producer from accessing Facebook content. In your Facebook account, view your Application Settings and make sure that Top Producer is in the list and has been granted access.
- If none of the above resolve the issue, try removing Social Media Integration and then re-configuring. This may be necessary if you have changed your Facebook or Twitter account password. Removing and re-configuring Integration will not remove the Social Media settings contained within each contact record.