If you’ve received or sent an email for existing 8i contacts, the system automatically links the email to your contacts when:
- The contacts’ email addresses for messages you send match any of the addresses in the email’s To, Cc, or Bcc fields.
- The contacts’ email addresses for messages you receive match any of the addresses in the email’s From field.
You can manually link email messages to your contacts by following the steps below.
Click the email you received from the person you want to add as a contact. It will appear in the preview area below.
Tip: Click the Expand/collapse header icon to view the email recipients.
- Click the Links icon and a pop-up window opens listing any ontacts that are linked to the message.
- To link the email to another contact, click Add Link to open the Search for Contacts page.
Note: Click Remove Links to remove all links created between the email and contact(s).
- Add your search criteria, such as contact name or email address, and click the Search button.
- A search results page opens with a list of contacts who match your search criteria.
- Place a check mark next to the desired contact(s) and click the Link to contact(s) button.
- The linked email appears on the Activities tab of the contact record.
Note: You’ll need to choose “Complete” from the Show drop-down list on the Activities tab to view linked emails.