Adding notes to a Contact is an excellent way to keep track of information that doesn't fit into the other information fields available in a Contact Record. You can add any text that you need: keeping track of the content of your conversations, information about family and recent events, information about a personalized mailout you sent, or anything else you like.
To view and add notes, open the Contact Record and click the Summary tab.
The Show area at the top of the Summary tab enables you to display notes of a specific type.
- Contact Only: Displays all notes associated with the current contact (and other contacts, if applicable). Notes that are also associated with listings/closings/activities do not appear when this filter is selected.
- Listing: Displays all notes associated with a listing and the current contact.
- Closing: Displays all notes associated with a closing and the current contact.
- Activity: Displays all notes associated with an activity and the current contact. Notes that display may also be associated with listings/closings/other contacts.
- All: Displays all notes associated with the contact (including listing/closing/activity notes).
To add a new note:
- Click in the New Note text area and type the note.
- The date is automatically added by default, to change the date click in the date field and select a new date from the pop-up calendar.
- The time is automatically added by default, to change the time click in the time field and select a new time from the drop down menu.
- When finished, click Save Note.
Tip: If you consistently add the same note to multiple contacts, you can add the text to a Note List. Click Select Note from List, then click Add. You can then create the name of the note, enter the note text, and save. In the future, this note will be available the next time you click Select Note from List from within any contact record.
Editing and Deleting Notes
After a note is created, you can edit its content, or delete it. Click on the note to open the note for editing, or click the Delete icon to permanently delete the note.
Important: When adding and editing notes using Top Producer CRM Mobile, it is possible to link a note to multiple items at the same time, including Contact Records, Listings, Closings, and Activities. Deleting a note in Top Producer CRM or Top Producer CRM Mobile from within any of these individual items will delete the note from all linked items.