Mass actions allow you to view, mark done, print, send, and/or delete a large number of activities. This allows you to quickly manage several activity tasks at the same time. You can perform the following steps from many areas in Top Producer CRM. These instructions tell you how to perform them from the Activities Summary screen.
Tip: Updating settings for multiple plan activities is a separate process, and can be performed from within the Plans Manager. For more information, see Mass Updating Plan Activities.
To begin, click Activities Summary from within the Calendar menu. Select the type of activity you want to view from the Type drop-down list, then click the Show Activities button. Note that some of the below options are only available when viewing a specific type of activity.
Mass Open Activities
Mass Open allows you to open multiple activities for editing at the same time. It shows your selected activities one at a time and allows you to make changes to it then quickly switch to the next activity.
When viewing a list of activities, place a check next to each activity you would like to open.
- Click Mass Open Activities.
- The first activity you selected from the list is displayed. From here you can edit the activity as you normally would.
When finished editing this activity, click the Save Activity button, or the Next > link in the bottom bar.
Both options will save your changes and display the next activity. However, Save Activity will also close the activity (removing it from your Mass Open selections), while Next > will keep it as part of your Mass Open list so you can go back to it again by clicking < Prev.
- If you Mark Done or Delete an activity during this process, the next activity will automatically display.
- When finished, click the Close icon in the bottom bar.
Mass Delete provides a quick way to delete multiple activities at the same time.
Important: Deleting activities is permanent and cannot be undone. When using the Mass Delete feature, take extra care that you have only selected activities that are no longer needed.
- From the list of activities, place a check next to each activity that you would like to delete.
- Click the Mass Delete option at the bottom right of the list.
- After reviewing the warning prompt, if you would like to permanently delete these activities, click Yes.
- The activites are now deleted.
Mass Mark Done
Mass Mark Done will mark each of the selected activites as completed and store them in the completed activities list of the associated contact record(s). Note that marking done printable activities (like letters) or marking done emails does not print the content or send the email. Also, there is no “undo” function for Mass Mark Done actions, however, you can reverse a mark done action for each individual activity one at a time.
- From the list of activities, place a check next to each activity that you would like to Mark Done.
- Click the Mass Mark Done option at the bottom right of the list.
- After reviewing the warning prompt, if you would like to mark all selected activites done, click Yes.
- Each selected activity is now Marked Done.
Depending on the type of activities you have selected to Mark Done, you may be prompted with additional options:
- If one or more of the selected activities are part of a Plan and have other activities that are dependent upon them (Cascading Plan Activities), you will be prompted to enter a Completion Date. The Completion Date will determine when the dependent activities will be scheduled based on the plan settings.
- If one or more of the selected activities are Listing or Closing Activities, you will be prompted if you would like to add the completed activities to the Listing or Closing Service Activities. You can choose one of the below options:
- Yes & Add Details Now: Marks the activities done, creates service activities and allows you to record details.
- Yes & Add Details Later: Creates service activities and allows you to record details at a later date.
- No: Marks the activities done. Service activities will not be created.
The Mass Send option is only available when viewing a list of Email Activities. This can be done by selecting Emails in the Type pull-down, and clicking the Show Activities button. This feature allows you to select multiple Email Activities and send them to their recipients at the same time. Note that there is no confirmation dialog popup when using Mass Send. Once the Mass Send option is clicked, the emails will be sent.
- From the list of activities, place a check next to each email you would like to send.
- Click the Mass Send option at the bottom right of the list.
- The emails will be sent to the recipients specified in each activity.
The Mass Print feature is only available when viewing one of the following activity types: Letters, Postcards, Envelopes, or Labels. It allows you to quickly print the contents of multiple activities (of the same type) at the same time.
- From the list of activities, place a check next to each activity you would like to print.
- Click the Mass Print option at the bottom right of the list.
If you are printing Labels you will be prompted to select a Starting Position and the number of Copies Per Contact. Once selected, click Print Preview to display the Preview Activityscreen.
If you are printing any type other than Labels, skip this step and proceed as directed below.
- From the Preview Activity screen, click the Print icon to display your computer’s Print dialog box.
- Click the OK button to print the items. If you are printing anything other than letters, you are now finished.
- If you are printing letters and would like to print labels or envelopes for them as well, scroll down to the bottom of the Preview Activity screen until you see the Envelopes and Labels section.
- Select either Labels or Envelopes, then use the drop-down lists to select the category and template.
- Click the View and Print button. If you are printing labels, you’ll be prompted with the Print Labels box (as described above). From the Preview Activity screen, which will now show your Labels or Envelopes, click Print to display your computer’s Print dialog box. Make sure your printer is loaded with the correct Envelopes or Labels, then click OK.
- The Envelopes or Labels will now print and the Mass Print process is complete. You may close the preview windows.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!