If you have a Top Connector license for one or more of your MLSs, you can import your listings into Top Producer as well as import comparables for use in Presentations. Before using Top Connector, it must be configured.
- Log in to Top Producer.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Click the General tab.
- Select the 3rd Party Setup sub-tab. MLS Connectivity Setup displays all available Top Connector licenses, listed by MLS Name.
- Click the MLS Name to open the configuration options for that MLS.
Note: The MLS setup options may differ depending on the type of system your MLS uses. If available, click the Sign in Help link to view more information about the specific requirements for setting up Top Connector for your MLS.
- Enter your MLS Username and Password in the fields provided. Since Top Connector accesses your MLS data differently than your MLS Website, there are some important points to keep in mind about your username and password:
- If you enter your username and password correctly but Top Connector cannot authenticate your information, try entering your Password and/or Username in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Top Connector does not make use of Security Tokens or Keys. If your MLS Website requires a Username, Password, and Security Token, do not include the token in the fields provided.
- If you have entered the correct MLS username and password, eliminated any tokens, and tried capitalization, but Top Connector still cannot authenticate your account, please contact Top Producer Technical Support at 1-800-830-8300 and choose the Top Connector phone option.
- If you change your MLS Password through your MLS Website account, you must also update the password used to configure Top Connector.
- The Set as Default MLS? option will indicate which of your MLSs will be used by default when importing listings and comparables:
- If you have only one Top Connector license associated with your account, choose Yes.
- If you have more than one Top Connector license, you must decide which MLS will be used by default. When performing a search of your MLS from within Top Producer, you will be able to switch between MLSs.
- In the Default Property Type pull-down list, select the property type you would like Top Connector to search by default. This is typically set to the property type you search most frequently. You can always select a different property type when searching your MLS with Top Connector.
- When finished, click Save MLS. Repeat these steps for any additional Top Connector licenses.
Using Top Connector with Multiple Agent Accounts
If your Top Producer account has more than one Agent license, it is necessary to assign the Top Connector license to a specific Agent on your team before you will be able to complete the above configuration. Each Top Connector License can only be used by one Agent account at a time.
To assign a Top Connector License to an Agent:
- Log in to Top Producer as the Responsible Agent (main account owner)
- Go to the My Account section.
- Select the Team Members tab and select the Agents sub-tab.
- Click the Agent account to which the license will be applied.
- Under Assign MLS Access to this User, choose the appropriate MLS from the drop-down list.
Note: If there are no options available and instead “No licenses available” appears, your Top Connector license(s) have already been applied to another Agent account. You must unassign the license from the other account first, then assign it to the new account.
- Click Save Agent Info.
Using Top Connector with Assistant Accounts
There is no configuration necessary for Top Connector within an Assistant account. The Assistant account will be able to make use of the Top Connector license assigned to the Responsible Agent.