In order to provide even greater security, Top Producer mailbox passwords will soon be automatically changed to meet stronger requirements. By September 6, 2013, if your mailbox password is not strong, it will automatically be changed.
You will likely not be affected by this change unless you set up a third-party email client (such as Outlook) or a web-based email client (such as Gmail) to check your Top Producer mailbox. If you have not set up another program to check your Top Producer mailbox, you will not be affected by this change.
If this change affects you, the steps you need to follow are easy.
Step 1: Retrieve your password
- In Top Producer, open the Settings area.
- Click the Email tab > Edit Email Setup > View Mailbox Configuration info.
- Write down your password as it appears in the Email Settings area.
Step 2: Update your password
If you set up another program to check your Top Producer mailbox, you need to update your Top Producer mailbox password in this program. How you do this depends on the email program you use.Gmail
- In Gmail, click the Gear icon in the upper right > Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab. (For Google Apps users, click the Accounts tab.)
- In the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) section, click the edit info link adjacent to the Top Producer account.
- In the Edit mail account window, click Edit your password > enter your new Top Producer mailbox password > click Save Changes.
Your Gmail account will continue to check your Top Producer mailbox as specified.
For details on how to update your Top Producer mailbox password in Outlook 2007, see the Change your e-mail account password article in the Outlook help.
For details on how to update your Top Producer mailbox password in Outlook 2010, see the Change your e-mail account password article in the Outlook help.
Tip: If you don’t know what Outlook version you are using, in Microsoft Outlook, go to Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook. (If the Help menu isn’t available, go to File > Help.)